Are you attending COP28 in Dubai? Equitable Earth is proud to present a panel discussion and you’re invited!
“A Revolutionary Shift for the Voluntary Carbon Market: Leadership from Forest Communities and Global South Countries”
9:00 AM, Sunday December 3, 2023
Nature Positive Pavilion, Blue Zone, COP28, Dubai, UAE.
Leaders of Indigenous Peoples and Global South governments join together at this panel discussion to explore how to end deforestation by 2030 through a new and revolutionary shift in the voluntary carbon market.
This panel’s speakers will discuss community-led forest carbon projects and other initiatives they are engaged in to deliver equitable results for climate action and biodiversity protection that drive economic development for their people.
- Sonia Guajajara, Minister of Indigenous Peoples, Brazil.
- Eve Bazaiba, Minister for the Environment, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Gustavo Sánchez, Mexican Network of Forest Peoples Organizations.
- Puyr Tembé, Federation of Indigenous Peoples of Pará.
- Beto Borges, Forest Trends / Equitable Earth IPLC Advisory Group.
Seats are limited, therefore kindly RSVP.